Saturday 4 July 2015

Stereotypes!


The number of times that someone has said to me "You don't look like you can cook" should actually offend me, but then I think, what does a girl that CAN cook look like? As a viral tweet once said, does she have vegetables wrapped in her hair?

I'm actually tired of stereotypes. I remember sweeping in front of distant relatives as a child, and because I'm left-handed they all said, "That place she swept can never be clean." Like - come on!

Or because I don't wear make up or hair extensions that means I would judge the next girl and condemn her to Hell fire - just like that.

Can you imagine a world where nobody had pre-conceived ideas about anything or anyone and took everything as it came? No judgements, just take people as they are.

Beautiful place right?

You can start that change - give everyone a fair chance before making any rash decisions - then you can tell your children you helped make the world a better place :D


12 comments:

  1. You're so right

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've said it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and lovely.
    Well said lizzy!!😂😀 #thumbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writeup lizzy, you already making the world a better place with your work.....keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. momsi's always nagging bout my sick haircuts. she says it makes me look irresponsible... you just gave me good reason not to listen to her. Thanks.
    You should also write something about how leaving a university just because your elder sister had issues with the school makes no bloody sense (you know what i'm talking about)

    ReplyDelete