Friday 31 July 2015

Purpose



You’re breathing regularly and your heart is pumping blood into both your pulmonary and systemic circulation = you are alive.

Well done on passing the first stage of affirming your existence on this great planet we call Earth. Now that you have come to stage two, you realize that you have people that acknowledge your presence on the planet; be it your parents, siblings, friends or even just the guy that lives across the road from you that you don’t actually talk to. All these people know you exist.

Welcome to stage three, where you assess your impact circumference. So far you have confirmed that truly, you do exist, but now at this stage, you assess whether your existence has any empirical value on others. Is there someone that has imitated something about you, be it positive or negative? Or is there someone who takes your input into his or her life as really important?

No matter what stage you are at, I want you to take a moment to really think, why do you exist? What is the point of the piece of matter that is you?

To be honest, this is actually a rather big question; one which I’d suggest you present to God, like Paul did in Acts 9:6 and say, “Lord what will you have me do?” because frankly He’s the only person that can tell you exactly why you are here – He did make and place you where you are after all.

The Big Guy Upstairs is ready to tell you – but are you ready to ask?


2 comments:

  1. I think sometimes people are afraid to ask. I know I definitely have been in the past. The thing I realised is, asking and following His master plan is the only way to live a true life of fulfilment and I'm not kidding here. Even if you think you don't wanna traverse the path He has for you, trust me, just try it and see how peaceful, gratifying and fulfilling it is to follow the master plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this beautiful comment; I know people will be blessed by your input :)

      Delete