Thursday 4 September 2014

Hurt.

Hurt.

Hi.
Welcome Back.
Today I want to write about something that is on my mind, which has tentacles that reached down and pricked my heart.
Betrayal.

I know the scripture, “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone”. (Romans 12:18), and like every other commandment in the bible, I adhere to it as much as I possibly can. You know one thing I love about God? He UNDERSTANDS. He knows there will be people that just don’t want to live at peace with others, and He beautifully made that clause for the kind of situation that I want to write about today.

Being betrayed is one of the feelings in this life that cannot be fully described with mere words. It eats deep down, past your flesh, down into your soul. Betrayal can birth the most nasty of characteristics within a person – it’s that powerful.

Funny thing about being betrayed is that the pain it inflicts upon you is only equal to how much power you feed it. You may not be able to stop the person from betraying you but you can control how much you will be affected by it.

Yes, it hurts, it hurts a whole lot and more, but you mustn’t give into the negativity it breeds. Do not let someone else’s actions turn you into something you aren’t.


My advice: Don’t sweat it. They chose to hurt you –their loss. You my friend have just escaped one wolf in sheep’s clothing without trying – that’s one less wasted invitation to your success party eh? J

xo

21 comments:

  1. Well said!! Kudos Elizabeth ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Blushes* Thank you so much!

      God bless you
      xo

      Delete
  3. Lizzy,this is so good, we've got a writer in the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much :)
    God bless you
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizakonko is super smart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is Awesome and spectacular...Doctor Elizabeth Peters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lolz.. that’s one less wasted invitation to your success party eh? I like that����

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely����

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your diction is perfect.
    nice one Liz. Welldone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizy baby... This is really good. I'll start by commending your choice of topic which I feel was brought on good season and has been dealt with for a good reason. Then again your use of English, choice of words and eloquence of diction are not only epic, but simple enough to aid understanding by common men like me��. This is good lizy. U just might not know what is in it for you but with consistency, I can bet you will make mincemeat of Goliath's on your way. Ur majesty, am ever loyal ma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gideon!!! Thank you so so much this means a million and one things to me!
      I'm so grateful
      Thank you and God bless you ❤️😘

      Delete