Thursday 18 September 2014

Expectations.



Hey, hello there J


Ever felt like everyone’s looking at you? Sometimes they really are, like when you drive on the wrong side of the road in a foreign country, but other times, it could be a great exaggeration on your part.

Being the first born in my household, I’m no stranger to high expectations. I’m like my parents' lab rat: “let’s take her for after school classes” “let’s make her take her GCSEs early” “let’s send her to Nigeria for secondary school” – boy have I had an interesting life – but that’s a story for another day haha.

I could easily have crumbled under all the pressure to do well, but thankfully I didn’t – and you shouldn’t either. Use the pressure to pump the tires of your life’s vehicle and press on. Do not do things based on what others will say but rather because of what you aim to achieve when you succeed.


Think of how you’ll feel when you cross that finish line then keep at it – you may have people cheering and others booing but only you can push yourself to complete your race. Make your own realistic expectations and accomplish them – you’ll be glad you did it J

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! Just what I needed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving your takes on life!!! Brings a smile on my face first thing in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, Bethy.....indeed many people give up when too much pressure is on them, when they should be using the pressure to pump there life's vehicle......Really nice

    ReplyDelete