Sunday 19 July 2015

The Big Guy Upstairs.


I don’t think “I don’t know how to pray,” is ever a valid excuse for prayerlessness. Did anyone ever teach you how to let your mom know that you were hungry as an infant? No. Yet she always seemed to understand you, be it by your incessant crying or just the innate bond between a mother and child.


That’s what it’s like with God. He knows when you need something, He doesn’t require a well drafted business proposal each time you want to present a request to Him. He just wants you to talk.

So I’m going to give you a quick rundown on how to talk to God. Note: I’m not teaching you how to pray; Jesus already did that (Matthew 6:9-13 aka The Lord’s Prayer) I’m just gonna give you a little kick start : )

So first of all, you need to get somewhere you can clear your mind. If that’s in your room, great, personally I go for a walk; beautiful natural scenery really helps me connect. Next, talk out loud. Greet Him like He’s your best friend, like your personal person. “Yo, it’s me again” for example. Formality has a way of slowing conversations - so cut it.

Pour your heart out. Everything. No holding back whatsoever. Cry if need be. Make sure you don’t leave with any worries.


 “Cast your burdens unto Jesus for He cares for you.”

11 comments:

  1. I particularly love dis one today

    ReplyDelete
  2. ��������

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great mehn I love it
    Dope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really inspiring. Keep being yourself we admire your work from here. Oby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo, its me again. lol. I really just wanted you to talk to you folks about it, of course I know how to pray :D .Thanks though, i did learn a thing or two, you write really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece and yeah taking a walk is like my only alone time too.

    ReplyDelete