Saturday 27 June 2015

Hate.


So it’s been a while that I’ve actually written a post myself right? Here’s to breaking that rut.



Hate is such a harsh word, I personally choose to use the word dislike where others use hate i.e. “I dislike amala” because if I say hate it, that means I’ll never be open to eating it even if the world’s best Amala chef prepared it for me. Hate has this absoluteness to it, which is why I choose to use it sparingly; unfortunately not everyone shares my philosophy.

Thus, you should understand why I feel taken aback when someone says, “I hate her.” To me, that means if given the possibility to remove that person from your vicinity, whatever the cost, you would do it. That means, if you saw that person dying of thirst and you had a bottle of water in hand, you’d rather pour it on the ground and watch that person die. Yes, it may sound exaggerated, but if someone truly hates another person, grave measures can be taken against them.

Hate is the opposite of love; so as strong as love can be, hate too can encompass such strength. All those headlines of lovers killing their partner for cheating are examples of the power of hate.

Funny thing about hate is that it requires effort; just as you spend time and mental energy thinking of the person you love, you also do the same for those you hate.

“Love your neighbor as yourself”


A word is enough for the wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment