Thursday 4 December 2014

Culture.

There was a time in my life that I saw myself as a British citizen with Nigerian parents. I had dissociated myself from my heritage. How I become as patriotic as I am now… is a story for another day J

                        Culture is beautiful. 
I did not realize this until I fully embraced mine; I love it. I love the vibrancy in our traditional clothing, food, language… everything. What many young people that are born and bred in the diaspora do not understand is that; the culture of the environment in which you live in is not yours – it is borrowed. You’re very own culture is that which is passed on from your ancestors, down through your lineage to you.

Culture by definition is the behavior and beliefs, or characteristics of a particular social, ethnic or age group. Your culture helps define who you are, your morals and your values.


So I write to my readers that reside beyond the borders of their nation of origin – embrace YOUR culture.


2 comments:

  1. This is B E A UTIFUL !!! That is Wisdom!
    God bless you in JESUS Mighty name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete