Friday 25 September 2015

Christian Relationships.

Christian relationships.

BIG topic alert.

Yes, today, I'm going to talk about something many young Christians like to keep "private". Brother A and Sister B are dating for all to see, showing us their mild public displays of affection but nobody actually knows anything  about their relationship. This set-up is typical - and dangerous for your relationship with your partner but most importantly, it could strain your relationship with God.

This topic is quite a big one so I won't attempt at covering everything in one post; I'll just go as the Spirit leads.

So, first things first - how do you know that person is right for you? Bear in mind your feelings can work wonders on your thought processing! My oh my - feelings are so powerful you can visualize things that don't exist in reality on that person. Like a girl I knew who was convinced her partner had light brown eyes throughout the duration of their relationship and only realized that her friends weren't "haters" when they said his eyes were the regular dark brown AFTER they broke up. Such is life.

So back to deciding if the person is right for you. It may sound cliché but honestly my darlings, prayer is the key. See, relationships are emotionally and time expensive - you can't go into one blindly, all that "love is blind" talk is utter nonsense - the love that the bible spent so much effort to describe in 1 Corinthians 13 was NEVER described as blind. So please - shine your eyes!

Now, even in that prayer, I don't recommend "Lord is *insert name* right for me?" Because quite frankly, that's a leading question that you already have an answer to in your mind -  you will then be spending the next couple of days after that prayer looking for signboards that say "yes!" Or choosing that time to quote the scripture, "ask and it shall be given unto you" - my brother/sister, God can't be coerced! Simply ask Him to direct you to the person He has planned for you and watch Him surprise you pleasantly.

Oh my, this post is already becoming rather long! I hope this introductory post has been enlightening, feel free to comment what I should write about next under this topic; have a great weekend : )

3 comments: