Thursday 28 May 2015

Inspiration.

Hello hello!

Some of you lovely readers may know that I’m studying to be a medical doctor. Now, if there’s anything you need to have even an iota of motivation to go through with this course, or anything in life - it’s inspiration.


Inspiration is what makes up the bedrock of why you do something; why you aspire to be someone and what you remind yourself of when the going gets tough.

Inspiration births motivation.

So as not to always write abstractly and to ensure my point is put across adequately, let me give an example of how I got my inspiration to go through with this challenging course. My father has been a doctor long before I was born and during my early childhood he specialized in pediatrics, which is the care of children. I was an asthmatic patient at the time and sometimes I had episodes that pushed me over to the brink of life; but each time he combatted it and drew me back into safety. I grew to admire him for the numerous life and death scenarios he battled both at home and at work, being faced with such circumstances on a regular basis is enough to break a person down, but he always pushed through.

What led me to remember this was my first up-close labor room experience; I was the very first person that my patient’s child saw in it’s life, and although the process to deliver the child was no simple task, that brief moment, when I locked eyes with the child, was magical. I was re-inspired.

So this post is all about inspiring you to get inspiration; it keeps the passion burning for whatever it is you’ve set your mind to do.


Best of Luck xo

No comments:

Post a Comment